The Holy Family with Angels
oil on panel
81.3 x 61.6 cm (32 x 24 1/4 in)
Enrico Marinucci, Rome;  probably sold 1936/1937 to (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Florence and Rome); sold 1939 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1943 to NGA.  See letter dated 1 October 1936 from an Enrico Cappiello, offering pictures on behalf of Marinucci to the director of the Wiliam Rockhill Nelson Gallery (Philbrook Museum of Art, Tulsa, curatorial file for Tanzio da Varallo, 1944.2, copy NGA curatorial records). It is likely that those paintings came from the collection of Marinucci's uncle, Cardinal Pietro Gasparri [1852-1934].