click image to enlarge

English or Spanish 14th Century
The Holy Trinity

K1376
2197
English
c. 1300/1350
alabaster
Sculpture
85.3 x 35.7 x 29.2 cm (33 9/16 x 14 1/16 x 11 1/2 in)
(Schultz, Quai Voltaire, Paris), by c. 1920; Alfredo Barsanti, Rome, early 1920s; [1] Trinity group to (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York), by 1944; base remained with Barsanti family in Rome; Trinity group sold 1944 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York, as English, fourteenth century; base given 1950 to NGA by Mario Barsanti, Rome, nephew of Alfredo Barsanti; Trinity group given 1953 to NGA. [1] Mario Barsanti to Hanns Swarzenski, 9 August 1947, and to Perry Cott, 31 March 1950, in NGA curatorial files.
1953.2.1
1376
A-150
Record Link