Attributed to Gian Francesco de' Maineri
oil on panel
28.6 x 32.4 cm (11-1/4 x 12-3/4 in)
Private Collection, Ferrara. (Count Alessandro Contini Bonacossi [1878-1955] Rome-Florence); sold to Samuel H. Kress [1863-1955] on 1 September 1939 as Gian Francesco de' Manieri; gift to the National Gallery of Art in 1943; deaccessioned 1952 and returned to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation; gift to Museum of Art and Archaeology, University of Missouri, no. 61.80.
Loan to National Gallery of Art, February 21, 1941
Gift to National Gallery of Art, March 31, 1943
Deaccession by National Gallery of Art, October 15, 1952
Gift to Museum of Art and Archaeology, University of Missouri, December 09, 1961