click image to enlarge

Paolo Veneziano or Workshop
Saints Ursula and Christina

K1225
2741
c. 1333-58
tempera and gilding on panel
Painting
30.5 x 21.6 cm (12 x 8-1/2 in)
Enrico Marinucci, Rome. [1] (Count Alessandro Contini Bonacossi [1878-1955] Rome-Florence); sold to Samuel H. Kress [1863-1955] on 1 September 1939; gift 1961 to Indiana University Art Museum, Bloomington, no. 62.161. [1] Not included in Wilhelm Suida, "Italian Primitives in the Marinucci Collection in Rome," Apollo XX (September 1934), p. 122+. Nor does it appear to be included in a letter dated 1 October 1936 from an Enrico Cappiello, offering pictures on behalf of Marinucci to the director of the Wiliam Rockhill Nelson Gallery (Philbrook Museum of Art, Tulsa, curatorial file for Tanzio da Varallo, 1944.2, copy NGA curatorial records). It is likely that those paintings came from the collection of Marinucci's uncle, Cardinal Pietro Gasparri [1852-1934].
62.161
1225
Record Link