oil on canvas
43.5 x 35.9 cm (17-1/8 x 14-1/8 in)
Baroness Gisele Gautsch, Vienna.  (E. & A. Silberman Galleries, New York) by 1939 until at least 1944.  (Paul Drey, New York); sold to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation in 1948; gift to the Mead Art Museum, Amherst College in 1961, no. AC 1961.74.  Baroness Gautsch might be the wife of the Austrian Minister Baron Paul Gautsch von Frankenthurn [1851-1918].  Lent by Silberman to European Masters from the 15th to the 18th Century, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, 8-29 January 1939, no. 17, as Piazzetta; and Three Baroque Masters, Baltimore Museum, 28 April - 4 June 1944, no. 36, as Piazzetta.