Attributed to Francesco di Andrea Anguilla
Bishop Saint and Saint Francis of Assisi
tempera on panel
134 x 49.1 cm (52-3/4 x 19-3/8 in)
Possibly Oratory of Santa Lucia, Lucca. (Count Alessandro Contini Bonacossi [1878-1955], Rome-Florence); sold to Samuel H. Kress [1863-1955] on 13 September 1931 as Turino Vanni; gift of the Kress Foundation to the Birmingham Public Library in 1933; on loan to the Birmingham Museum of Art in 1952; gift to the Birmingham Museum of Art in 1998, no. 1998.64.