click image to enlarge

Neri di Bicci
Altar Wing with Five Saints

K254
3373
Italian
c. 1445
tempera and gold on poplar panel
Painting
40 3/4 × 33 in (103.5 × 83.8 cm (40 3/4 × 33 in)
Church of SS. Annunziata, Florence, Cappella Villani di Stoldo commissioned by Jacopo di Giovanni di Matteo Villani, c.1450-52 to c.1688-89. [1] Vatican Gallery, Rome, until c. 1870; Giulio Sterbini [d. 1911], Rome, c.1900. [2] Newman Collection, Florence. (Count Alessandro Contini Bonacossi [1878-1955], Rome - Florence); sold to Samuel H. Kress [1878-1955] on 23 June 1933; gift to the National Gallery of Art in 1939; deaccessioned in 1952 and returned to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation; gift to Allen Memorial Art Museum, Oberlin College in 1961, no. 1961.78. [1] During the years, the painting was displayed in various locations within the Church of SS. Annunziata: Capitolo de’ Macinghi, c. 1698-1700; Stanza della Sagrestia, until 1702; Stanza della Barberia, until c.1785. [2] Not included in Adolfo Venturi and Guilio Sterbini, "La Galleria Sterbini in Roma," Saggio Illustrativo, Casa Editrice L'Arte, 1906. .
1961.78
254
235
Record Link