click image to enlarge

Attributed to Giovanni Battista Caccini
Giovanni Capponi

K1249
923
c. 1590/1600
marble
Sculpture
60.2 x 60 x 25.7 cm (23 11/16 x 23 5/8 x 10 1/8 in)
Leoni, Leone, c. 1509-1590
Palazzo Capponi, Florence, until 1871. Oskar Hainauer [1840-1894], Berlin; his wife, Julie Hainauer [1850-1926, Berlin; acquired 1906 with the entire Hainauer collection by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 1941 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; [1] gift 1943 to NGA. [2] [1] According to original Duveen prospectus in NGA curatorial files. [2] Provenance according to Ulrich Middeldorf, Complete Catalogue of the Samuel H. Kress Collection: European Sculptures XIV-XIX Century, London, 1976: 71.
1943.4.84
1249
A-59
Record Link